Old May 22nd 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default LA Basin Preferred Routes?

In article .com,
wrote:

Dane Spearing wrote:
In a couple of weeks, I'll be flying from SNA (Santa Ana/John Wayne, CA) up
the Bay Area (Palo Alto, CA), and was wondering if there is any way to plan
or know in advance which departure SoCal is likely to give me.

Since nobody's biting, I'll give you my 2 cents.

Here's an idea: file a flight plan with your preferred routing (don't
pick a SID, just file your preferred waypoints, or file direct). Then
call up SNA clearance delivery on the phone and ask for your clearance.
Your actual routing on the day you do fly is very likely to be the same.
Wait half an hour, and then call them back to tell them that you've
decided to postpone your flight until another day.

rg