Old March 15th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

Default USAF Museum?

On Mar 14, 9:31 pm, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
Does anybody have any suggestions on flying down to Dayton to see the
museum at Wright-Pat? Good airports to use, good places to stay, etc? Is
there public transit to Wright-Pat or will I need to rent a car?

--

There is public transit to the museum, but not to any of the airports,
so that's not going to help you. Taxi cabs are very slow, and may take

Green County airport (I19) is the closest to the museum, and I am told
that they do have rental cars (although not on-site).

Dayton Intl (DAY) is not much farther, and you will have acces to all
the regular car rental outlets.

There is also the Wright Brothers historic sites, if you are into that
kind of stuff.