Old September 23rd 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead

Default Veeduber and Others, what about the VP-1

Bob and other Group members,

I’ve purchased plans to the VP-1 and downloaded study plans for the
VP-2, all research and background indicates the VP-1 is the best build
of the two. Some have lengthened the wingspan or created a bit more
fuselage space for storage and it appears the 1835cc is engine of
choice for many. However, I communicated with some fine people who
prefer the 2180cc either with or without a redrive installed.

It’s a fascinating airplane, not as charismatic as a Bower’s Fly Baby,
but still has a timeless aura about it. What experience have you had
with this aircraft with respect to building, flying or inspecting a
flying sample? Do you consider it to be a feasible initial build for a
novice builder? Insofar as engine size what would you consider as most
feasible? My concern with redrives or VW engines larger than the 2180
are engine head temperature as I’m not entirely certain this problem
can be totally controlled without a greatly reduced rpm level.

Best regards to all

Joe