Old February 28th 18, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Towing trailer and glider with a honda civic

I'd like to size my tow car for the worst case. Worst case so far was dry pavement ABS shuddering invoking panic stop from 35 mph to 5 mph when a moose appeared one night. Avionic trailer with surge brake and a 2004 Volvo XC70. Stable deacceleration and no collision.

Since then I stopped towing after dark. My appreciation of the risk at the time was hypothetical. There was a sign warning about moose, so I was driving on a deserted road at 35 mph in a 50 mph zone.