Old January 28th 19, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Wright Brothers Master Pilots

I will say, sorta depends on the U.K. method vs. some US method.
I have to say (yes, biased for Valley Soaring/Middletown, NY) that some places, like VSC, HHSC and others, really try to help newer pilots, sorta regardless of age although most are aimed at cash strapped "kids".
I had support "unofficially" through my mother and the site in the mid '70's.
I have tried to pass that on through me and our club at VSC.

Our group had no payments from the government, it was peeps that kicked in cash or instructors that didn't get paid.