Old May 20th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Drew Dalgleish

Default rudder pedal springs

On Mon, 19 May 2008 22:30:50 -0400, Ernest Christley

On May 17, 4:50 am, "Dick" wrote:

I can't get my head around a good way to accomplish this?

With two springs. Lighter, cheaper, self-adjusting.

Dan

If one spring breaks, the other will pull the rudder to one side.

--

http://www.ronpaultimeline.com

Only if the pilot has no feet. I have 2 springs on my right rudder and
1 spring on the left. It still takes a little right rudder to keep the
ball centred at cruise but I'm not worried about any or all springs
breaking. Dan's right the springs can be eliminated with a cable,
turnbuckle, swages, thimbles, pulleys, brackets, etc. I fail to see
what the gain is over a nice light self adjusting system is.