Old June 19th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Future of Electronics In Aviation

In rec.aviation.piloting Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
On Jun 19, 1:58?pm, es330td wrote:
On Jun 19, 1:11?pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
I will answer your questions by starting with a question of my own:
which is a more reliable mode of transportation, a 1964 Mustang or a
1994 Mustang? ?If you had to pick one in which you got one chance to
turn the key and it had to start and get you where you need to go,
which one would you pick?

I would ask my mechanic first.

I am an electrical engineer, so it bothers me not to see carbeurators
replaced by fuel-injection.

I am an EE with a real degree and like electronic doodads.

I've had many more cases of a car dropping dead because of the
electronic crap than I have had from mechanical failure.

In fact, in about 45 years of driving, I can't think of a mechanical
failure other than a flat tire that kept the car from limping to
somewhere to get it fixed.

I've had 3 electronic failures that required a tow truck in the past
4 years.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.