Old April 6th 05, 04:18 PM
Tony

Sounds like you have a well thought out plan, too. I think it might
have been in the owner's manual that said something like "switch to
most full fuel tank" before takeoff, and after run-up. That's the worst
possible time to change tanks. The only advantage my fuel scheme might
have is, after taking most of the fuel from the second tank, I want to
be in a landing pattern or at least cleared for a landing. It gives me
a fairly secure 25% fuel remaining plan. I'd done a couple of really
long flights, fuel limitations (and pilot bladder limits, if truth was
to be told) were limiting factors.