Old May 16th 21, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Help finding a glider

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 12:50:29 PM UTC-7, John Bartholomew wrote:
On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 12:16:00 PM UTC-7, John Bartholomew wrote:
Hey all, If anyone can help, it would be hugely appreciated. I am looking for a newer standard class glider. I am 6'2" so some are just too tight. Tried a Discus 2B and was really crammed in. I hear the LS-8 has room or possibly the ASW-24 or 28?

Thanks

Thanks everyone for all the advice. The big question now is how to find one for sale. Is wings and wheels the only option? I just cant seem to find anything other.

Thanks

You can always get a list of current owners of the glider make and model you are interested in from the FAA database and send them letters asking if they are considering selling (there won't be that many).

Tom