Old May 21st 04, 01:46 AM
BTIZ

As far as I know... there is no "Ultralight Glider" category in the US.

FAR 103 does refer to "Unpowered Ultralight" which could be a variety of
different designs from nylon and aluminum to a carbon fiber "Sparrowhawk"

Operating under FAR103 has it's own requirements, (1) does not have any US
or foreign airworthiness certificate (2) unpowered does not weight more than
155 US pounds. If so operated it, the pilot does not require a US pilots
certificate.

I understand the US Sparrowhawk can be registered and operated under FAR 61
and 91 as an Experimental GLIDER, at which time it will receive a US
airworthiness certificate and the pilot and operations are in accordance
with standard "glider" operations.

BT

"Denis G" wrote in message
om...
Hi !

The european regulation precise that "gliders with a structural mass
of less than 80 kg when single seater or 100 kg when two seater,
including those which are foot launched" shall stay under national
responsibility, so to say, out of EASA.

Could someone tell me what are Regulations for ultra light gliders in
differents country, as Germany, US, Canada, Spain, Italy, etc, please.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Denis