Old October 24th 05, 02:43 AM
Roger

Default 2 Questions

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:20:21 GMT, "Timmy Ferrell"
wrote:

Hi all,
I recently installed a new hard drive a found myself with space to
spare, so I tried re-installing some old software titles from the past.
Unfortuanetly I could'n t get any of the sims to recognize my Saitek
X-45 joystick/throttle. Would anyone know if there is ANY supprot for the
following titles? All of the titles installed fine under Win XP even though
windows 98 was the OS de jeur when most of these were released.
Falcon 4.0
Janes USNF '97
Janes USAF
Janes F15
Janes Longbow 2
Falocn 4.0 surprised me a little- I thought there was still an active
audience for this sim but most of the sites that I googled came back with
old site and out of date links. Even microproses' site (since taken over by
Atari) has no mention of it.

Falcon IV works well in XP and the two different brands of FF
joysticks I have.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

My second question is- what is the best modern air combat sim available?
I'm looking for a true sim- no an arcade shooter. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tim