Old July 9th 03, 01:52 AM
Montblack

Sorry this is a tad late (7 days).How about this:

Buy an old Suburban or a pickup truck with a large gas tank - pickups used
to have second gas tanks, do they still?...something that burns regular
(whatever). Pump from the large gas tank(s) in the truck over to the plane.
Arrive on Full and leave the airport on E in your vehicle. Fill up on the
way home. No extra "fuel tank" in the bed of your truck. You need an small
electric pump (with flow meter) and a good strainer - that's it. Oh, some
grounding clips might not be a bad idea either ...g.

With the right truck, maybe 35 or 40 gallons per "swap". Anyone do this???

Speaking of trucks, my local county is having a vehicle auction in a few
weeks - I'm going to see what the "auction" prices are for a used van/truck
for a beater second vehicle. Sold the 1989 Motel Probe this past week, need
another vehicle out here in the burbs.

--
Montblack

(Cory wrote)
snipped
I'm pretty sure the new Nazi airport manager would have kittens if I tried

to use/store a fuel truck/trailer on the line. Still thinking about how to
do it for cheap. If I could easily filter the 6-gal containers to get the
small amount of sediment and water out of it, I probably wouldn't even
bother with trying to do it bulk.