Old August 22nd 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
tom418[_1_]

Default ATPL student

Years (and I mean years) ago, you needed 1200 hours (within the preceding 8
years) to get an ATP (they were known as ATR certificates then). Is this
what you remembered, Jim?
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Yep, I think I switched the 135 PIC IFR time with the ATP.
Any case, with only 280, the OP has plenty of time to study.

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 122...
| Jim Macklin wrote
| You have to have 1200 hours with specific hours
break-downs
| to take the ATP [USA] you can do the IR right away.
|
| Section 61.159: Aeronautical experience: Airplane category
rating.
| (a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b), (c), and (d) of
this section, a
| person who is applying for an airline transport pilot
certificate with an
| airplane category and class rating must have at least
1,500 hours of total
| time as a pilot that includes at least:
|
| (1) 500 hours of cross-country flight time.
|
| (2) 100 hours of night flight time.
|
| (3) 75 hours of instrument flight time, in actual or
simulated instrument