Old April 6th 20, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Soaring Not Dead Everywhere

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 5:30:08 AM UTC-6, Paul T wrote:
At 17:15 05 April 2020, Dan Marotta wrote:
Well, I tried to be nice, but...Â* Buzz off.

You are not nice, you are a selfish, self-centred, self-entitled arrogant
prick - a moron of the highest calibre, that is only thinking of himself
and not others. Maybe you'll change your tune and actions when colleagues,
friends, family members or indeed yourself start suffering from this virus.

Wow! Bitter much?

Not every healthcare facility is overburdened in the US here. In fact, many facilities here are scrounging for work. Many doctors have asked their patients, especially the chronically ill ones, to stay home, and are doing appointments over Zoom or FaceTime, or some other equivalent video chat. While the stories of the healthcare system being overwhelmed in large population centers are true, there are many that are sitting around twiddling their thumbs. So... if you live in the rural parts of the US, and your local healthcare facilities are not currently being overburdened by COVID-19 patients, then if you WERE to have an accident, you would NOT be taking away from others care, or overburdening the system.

Where we live in rural MT, we have had a few cases. We expect to peak in our cases by the end of the month. If at that time our healthcare system is getting overloaded, then use common sense and good judgement, and stay at home. Otherwise, get out and enjoy the skies. It is a GREAT way to socially distance yourself, particularly if you have a motor glider and don't need to rely on anyone else to help you. You are NOT being selfish or self-serving by doing this. You are NOT exposing yourself or other people unnecessarily to increased risk. You "city folks" need to wake up and realize there is a whole other world out there and way of life out in the country, with a whole other set of issues than what people deal with in the city. And not everything that applies in an urban area applies in a rural area.