Old March 23rd 05, 10:58 PM
Dave Stadt

"Ross Richardson" wrote in message

On a trip from PDX-HOU-GPT yesterday on Continental Airlines, my "Pubs
Bag" was stolen out of one of my checked bags. If any are familiar with
this kind of bag...about 14"X16"x4", it held much of my flight gear
such as GPS 12XL, Sectionals, plotter, Jep CR-5, flashlights, knife,
Leatherman, gloves, compass, signal mirror, and misc other small items.
Continental told me tough luck and none of it is covered. Sorry things
were stolen but they were not responsible. I asked, "Well, if that is
the case, all my baggage when flying with Continental should be in a
locked hard case"? The reply was "YES".
It would appear any commercial flights today fit into that same
catagory. What really ****es me off was some of that equipment has been
all over the world with me for many years. I'd imagine the value or
replacement for the bag and contents is in excess of $500.
Heads up if you are going to fly commercial anyplace.
Ol S&B

Guess what, commerical airlines do not like locked luggage nowadays.
What is one to do?

Ross

Avoid airline travel at all costs.