Old February 21st 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military

Default Aeronautical Engineer says Official 9/11 Story Not Possible

In article ,
"Bob Gardner" wrote:

I have had the opportunity to fly both 737 and 747 simulators at the Boeing
Training Center and at Flight Safety. I have had no training in the
operation of heavy jets...I just applied the knowledge I had gained from
flying cabin twins. In these full-motion sims I have flown patterns to
ILS's. I have no problem with the possibility of the hijackers being able to
do what they obviously did.

Aiming a big, stable plane at a building over a thousand feet tall and a
couple of hundred feet wide isn't anything like a hard trick, and they
still almost screwed it up (note the severe bank when the second plane
hits, as the pilot tries to keep from missing).