Old October 16th 03, 12:27 AM
Stephen Harding

Mike wrote:

Colonial power?Germany?...hum!...
what you say is true France+Germany+Belgium are only 3 countries...under 25,
but also remember how much of the EU gnp those three represent....
France and Germany,except Germany (lol),can make good food,but can also
make 3 times the national product of the ten new countries,Poland included.
Sorry,but that is a fact,and that counts also.

If GNP (or more rightly, GDP) is what should determine political influence,
why aren't you Euros going along with the US?

Do you know how the GDP of France, or Germany or Belgium compares with that
of the US? Not very favorably.

And don't tell me the EU is about the same economic size as the US. Until
their is a *nation* called the "United States of Europe", I don't want to
hear it.

SMH