Old August 20th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default "Stealth" Secret Service aircraft

wrote:
Go to

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/stor...a-a36f2e485255

It's a story, with photo, of a Secret Service airplane that forced landed.
Notice the N number; appears to be N6208.

Then look that up in the FAA data base.

http://registry.faa.gov/

"N6208 is not Assigned/Reserved."

I tried N620B, in case that's a "B" instead of an "8.". No Joy. (Different
make. Unless they're lying.)

Hmm... is this like Area 51? If we don't record it, then it doesn't really
exist?

Maybe you should make up your own N number. When it doesn't track anywhere,
just say you work for the government. (If you're a taxpayer, that's true.)

I wonder how this tracking stuff works when there's an FAA violation or when
Airport Management tries to hit you for an overnight fee?

Must be nice, being invisible.

Well, here is a N6208 that is for sale and it isn't a Cessna.

http://www.globalair.com/aircraft_fo...ale_49164.html