Old June 30th 05, 07:43 PM
Icebound

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
Compared to all of the places I have lived...Indiana, Connecticut,
Florida, Texas, Virginia, and Maryland, the map confirms my choice to live
in Seattle.

There is no free lunch. :-)

On a list of 285 USA cities (including possessions such as Puerto Rico),
Seattle ranks 38th on the list of AVERAGE number of
days-with-precipitation... and a lot of those are Alaskan mountain stations,
or tropical (Hawaii, American Samoa, Marshall Islands, Puerto Rico, etc.).
If I pull out the tropicals (leaving Alaska in), you are 25th out of 272.

155 days a year with measurable precipitation. That means days in which it
did more than a few spits. It had to at least wet the ground.

Oh, and how about number of hours of sunshine as a percentage of total
possible?
How about 160th out of the 174 USA stations who report such things. A
pitiful 47-percent of possible vs. Miami's 70-percent (25th overall).

NWS data based on Sea-Tac airport records.

No thunderstorms, but no sun either. :-)