Old June 30th 05, 09:50 PM
Nathan Young

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:17:50 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:
http://www.weatherpages.com/variety/thunderstorms.html

Yeah, thanks, Dan. Someone posted something the other day about how they lived
in the worst area for thunderstorms - the midwest. I was thinking of responding,
but you just can't respond to everything.

I don't believe the link Dan sent is adjusted for seasons. It is days
with tstorms per year. So that actually is not a good measure for
tstorm intensity or frequency for that matter. We need it broken down
by months to be of value. The Midwest does not get many T-storms in
the Winter, which is about 6 months of the year in Chicago.

On this same subject. Midwest tstorms are frequently 45k+ feet. Is
this common in other areas? From my aviation readings, I was lead to
believe that the Florida/Louisiana storms tend to top in the 30s, and
hence are less intense.

-Nathan