Old August 24th 03, 07:09 AM

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 02:51:45 GMT, Jerry Springer
wrote:

I believe that any pilot that flies drunk should be hung out to dry by
any means possible. Those two A**H*** jerks were responsible for a whole
lot of lives. I would hate to be on the airline that had a drunk pilot
or two flying it. I don't even want a drunk pilot flying anywhere around
the airspace I am flying my RV-6 in. How can two people that are
intelligent enough and spent years getting to the positions they were in
blow it like that?

Jerry
Course Bernie this is off topic for this newsgroup. :-)

Yes, off topic, but permit this one final thought. Institutionalized
alcoholism is a fact of military flying.

Officer's Clubs, Stag bars (flight suit only), rolling dice for who
buys ... it's a macho pilot thing where the millitary will deny a
problem exists ... but in fact, they serve serve up the booze and
enable the whole drinking culture.

Most airline types are ex-military. Military has a "drinking
culture". You can draw the connections. Not to defend what they did
.... but perhaps to explain how they might have gotten there.

timepilot