Old March 22nd 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default GlideNavigator II and SoaringWeb Turnpoints?

On Mar 21, 10:12*am, Ryan Spicer wrote:
Hi all,
* I'm trying to help a club member upload updated waypoint (.dat)
files onto his Compaq Aero 1520 for use with GlideNavigator II v3.0.
I'm an IT guy, but pretty new to the world of soaring software. We've
downloaded the .dat file (http://soaringweb.org/TP/ASA/nm_asa10.dat).
It opens correctly in SeeYou, and when we copy it to PocketPC/Storage
Card/My Documents, it appears in the list of WP files from within
GNII, but when we select "add," to add it to the list of active
waypoint files, and remove the old .dat, no waypoints are available
within GNII. *Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the
problem? What other information should I be looking at to diagnose
this?

I have the ASA 2010 tp file loaded on my Aero 1530 and it runs just
fine with with 2.3 beta 18 which, to the best of my recollection, is
the same as 3 except for a different password scheme.

There are 3 versions on TP Exchange, name only, number before name,
and number after name. The file should be loaded in the CF directory
- storage card/SUAsandWPs/ or it can be loaded in the Aero 15xx
memory at mydocuments/sSUAsandWPs/

If the CF is present and the directory SUAsandWPs is there GN gets the
files from there, not from the local directory.

I'm currently using asa_2010.dat because that is my preferred format.
I have not tested nm_asa_10.dat with GN but have no reason to think
there is anything wrong with file.

Try putting the file in the correct directory and see if it works. If
not I'll be at the field on Friday if you haven't solved it by then.
I'll be at the front end of the rope.

Andy (GY)