Old July 18th 03, 06:22 PM
Steve B

I am at sea level / Kona Hawaii... I am looking for a way to do some
casual soaring with out aero tow. There are no airfields suitable to
tow or winch. I would like to find a way to do some flying with my
better half so I am looking for a 2 place ship. I have a hangar at
the airport but I am not sure I would want to do a lot of taxing
dragging a wing tip to get out to the runway. I realize the
performance of the 109 b would be very mediocre but it seems like a
way to get a thermal fix with the ability to carry an additional
passenger.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the motor glider as I have never
flown one. I was not aware of an issue with density altitude. Just
want to crank and bank in some lift!

Any recommendations would be welcome.

Steve

BTIZ" wrote in message news:44IRa.8354$Je.567@fed1read04...
Why?

I only ask, because I hope you are not in a desert high density altitude
environment.

We had a G109B at our home field, it was worthless in the summer..

BT

"Steve B" wrote in message
om...
my email address is
I am looking for a Grob motor glider. Thanks