Old October 31st 16, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Comparing Drjack XCSkies RASP and TopMeteo - U.S. Soaring - Comments?

Le dimanche 30 octobre 2016 18:22:26 UTC-4, WaltWX a écritÂ*:
I am interested in hear U.S. glider pilot comments on the pros/cons of all these sites for soaring forecasts. I have used them all at one time or another and find them generally comparable. But, some like RASP and DrJack do a much better job of locating convergence zones/shear lines. Geo-referencing data and ease of use varies a lot. The biggest difficulty is that archive and looking at past forecasts makes it difficult to do inter comparisons.

Your inputs will valuable to me as I am in the process of writing an article for Soaring magazine discussing the basic of Numerical Weather Prediction and how it relates to these soaring web sites.

Walt Rogers WX

Hi

I use Dr jack NAM a lot and I am located in the north east corner.
Very good in most aspect. Specialy altitudes of cloud, thermal strengh...
High wind speed are often lower than predicted at altitude.
Wind