Old May 13th 18, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Stowing water?

I think everyone else is missing the "1-26" part. Most don't have a package shelf.
I have flown with a Camelback type which you can hang off the spar.
You might want to use a length of plastic pipe strapped to cross braces by the spar and slide the Camelback into it if you don't want it hanging.
I also use quart size Gatorade bottles (plastic, resealable) and put them between my thighs and fuselage skin.

Most of my 1-26 flying is in 002.

PS, whatever you do, make sure to keep things away from controls, etc. Assume some turbulence when flying.