Old May 15th 18, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Scotch tape

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 3:31:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
What are the most flexible/stretchy tapes? I need something to tape the gap around a small, teardrop-shaped fairing with a fairly sharp bend. Currently there are two pieces of tape that overlap at the front and back ends but I'd like to wrap one piece all the way around. It will stay on for the whole season so not concerned about leaving a residue.

Chip Bearden

The anal-retentive way to do that is to cut custom shapes on a vinyl film cutter. Tweek the shape in Adobe illustrator or Corel draw or whatever and test by handcutting paper printout and then cut then just any sign shop can cut that film for you. Some fancy pants glider repair shops have their own film cutters and turn out lovely bellcrank fairing tapes etc.