Old June 15th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default US Region 3 Contest - August 27th thru Sept. 2nd, Glens Falls, NY

Website: www.adirondacksoaring.com (click on glider contest)

Adirondack Soaring is planning on hosting the 2006 Region 3 Soaring
Contest at the Floyd Bennett Memorial - Warren County Airport, in
Glens Falls, New York. This is a new site for Region 3 and we are
exited about the potential it will have. Glens Falls is located
approximately 50 miles north of Albany and provides for both great
soaring conditions and tremendous amount of recreational activities for

the off-days. The contest dates will be from August 27th thru
September 2nd, with a practice day on Saturday, August 26th. Be sure
to get your application in early as we expect a full compliment of
contestants. We are planning to run three classes; 15 Meter, Standard,

and Sports. A discount will be provided for Junior pilots. To be
considered a Junior Pilot you must be under the age of 25 and currently

attending school.

Several pilots are flying their first contest and we will provide a
"buddy system"
and coaching for these pilots.