Old June 1st 15, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Parowan Safari

I assume that is a tongue-in-cheek comment. I spent 5 days there one year and flew three 750 km's and and chickened out of a 1,000 km (did about 875 km) do to winds and no crew. Not exactly like Manhattan for night life, but then if you are fly much, rest is good. Did see a lot of lighting while I was there.

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 7:28:25 PM UTC-7, wrote:
That's good information John, thanks. For everyone else, Parowan is a terrible, terrible place to fly. I'd try to go somewhere else if I were you.

What kind of experience did you have at Parowan to make that statement? Parowan is generally considered to be a premiere soaring site.