Old August 13th 15, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default SSA responds to ANPRM

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 5:32:05 PM UTC-4, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 1:21:42 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
When gliders are required to install Mode-S transponders, will high performance aircraft be required to install TCAS?

You likely need to define what you mean by "high-performance", it is probably not what I mean by high-performance (light-jet up to airliners).

A high performance aircraft (according to 61.31) is an aircraft with an engine of more than 200 horsepower. I'm mostly concerned with those that fly too fast for practical 'see and avoid' and with pilots who are not aware of gliders.

I get occasional benefit from my Trig TT-21. If more high performance planes had TCAS, I'd get more benefit.