Old August 13th 15, 03:55 PM
Squeaky Squeaky is offline
Member

While I appreciate those who believe transponders in every aircraft helps safety, I guess they have more spare cash than I and my $18K glider... I also almost never fly above 10K, so it's not urgent, but the requirement would stop me from going to the occasional wave camp, where radio contact with center is required to open the window and they know I'm there.

So while I'm still working and putting kids through college, and mostly flying recreationally on the east coast, I'd hate to have to fork out the Dosh to pay for something that realistically doesn't guarantee anything (see recent F-16 vs C150, both with transponder, plus several other mid airs...), and I only need it for the rare occasion when I travel someplace else for the joy of a new and different flight experience.

Thanks SSA. Not so much to those who want to restrict my enjoyment of soaring...