Old September 7th 04, 03:21 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 05:54:10 -0400, Cub Driver
wrote:

that a USAF pilot took his girlfriend on a joyride in the backseat of an
aircraft (unknown as to type: either F-4, F-100F, F-105F, or B-57) on a mission
over NVN-and they were shot down

Well, the last bit is surely an urban legend.

I know of one Colonel who did take his nurse girlfriend for a backseat
ride in an F-4 out of Korat. I know that he was identified in the
arming area by the quick-check crews and reported although nothing
much came of it.

I don't think it was a combat mission. Much more likely a functional
check flight or possibly just a support mission in the local area.
I've never heard of anyone taking a female, non-crewmember on a combat
mission during SEA or getting shot down in the process.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights"