Old July 8th 03, 11:04 PM
Jay Honeck

I am buying our fourth ANR headset at OSH 2003 later this month. It
most
certainly will NOT be Lightspeed brand.

I guess I'm willing to give them another chance, because I just
haven't found anything out there which is as comfortable and quiet
with a better reputation.

Well, brand loyalty only goes so far.

Another example: I was firmly, 100% behind Lowrance, and we LOVED our
Airmap 300 -- until it started to flake out on us last month. Still, I was
with them, and we were really excited to hear about the new Airmap 500. I
wanted to see it at OSH in the worst way!

That is, until I discovered that -- after just four years(!) -- Lowrance is
no longer supporting my 300. Repairs for my flaky little GPS were simply no
longer available.

Poof, that was the end of MY enthusiasm and brand loyalty. Garmin still
supports every GPS they've ever made, and THAT says more about a company
than data sheets or marketing ploys, any day.

Thus, soon a Garmin 196 will be resting comfortably on my yoke, God willin'
and the crick don't rise... And some OTHER brand of ANRs will be setting
upon my balding pate...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA