Old February 27th 04, 07:15 AM
Michael 182

It must be nice to have skill and talent. Nice job.

Michael

"Roger Long" om wrote in
message ...
I stopped by the shop yesterday for what I thought would be a quick check

on
the progress of the annual. The fellow had stopped working on the

windshield
replacement and moved on to other things in hopes I would stop by and
discuss the appalling appearance of our glareshield.

I had to agree that it would be criminal to put a new windshield over that
crummy stuff which would be difficult or impossible to replace later.

There
was no way to get board approval for another day's work on such short

notice
so, I zipped out to buy materials and, seven hours later, it was done.

Check this out:

http://baldeagleflyingclub.org/Glareshield.htm

The foam edge piece had torn its screw holes and was hanging loose for a
good portion in front of the pilot. I glued in an aluminum strip and then
reglued the plastic edge over it. The screws now go through the aluminum

so
the foam is anchored by a generous surface of glue joint. The aluminum

isn't
visible at all.

I see on AOPA's site that the TSA has now turned its attention to repair
stations. Will I be able to do something like this next year? I seriously
doubt it.

--
Roger Long