Old June 23rd 05, 05:34 PM
Mike Rapoport

Since there is only one 146a box on the market now, what do you think is a
reasonable amount of time?

Mike
MU-2

"PPT33R" wrote in message
oups.com...
Did Garmin promise an eventual upgrade to WAAS when you bought your 530?

For the record: YES!!! I spoke with not only the distributor rep, but
the Garmin aviation marketing manger, and one of Garmin's engineering
reps. They ALL assured me, at the time, a WAAS upgrade was "in the
works" and anticipated shortly after the final TSO was released.

I didn't take the word of the sales rep. I went straight to Olathe, KS,
and the corporate guys were the ones that assured me of upgrades in a
"reasonable" amount of time. Of course, that was damn near 3 years ago
now...

About the BEST piece of advice I got was from a sales rep regarding the
ill-fated GDL-49 when it came out, "Don't buy it, Garmin doesn't seem
to have a handle on the product yet"...