Old April 17th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ray Andraka

Default Autopilot use during approach

kevmor wrote:

I'm curious, why don't they let you use it with the landing lights?

My landing light circuit turns on 3 100W lamps. With them and the other
equipment that was in the plane at the time the autopilot was added, the
load is just under the 80% or whatever it was of the system capacity.
When I added the autopilot I had a choice of upgrading the electrical
system ($$$) or prohibiting some combination of equipment that would
keep the maximum load under the limit for the existing system. The
easiest to meet was a prohibition of operating the landing lights with
the autopilot on.