Old January 19th 04, 07:57 PM
DALing

True, US supplying of Iraq was more the issue of "my enemy's enemy is my
friend" than anything else. Politics makes strange bedfellows, doesn't it?

(oh, and I got out of the army myself about 40 years ago - VietNam and all
that)

"Werner J. Severin" wrote in message

In article , "DALing"
daling43[delete]-at-hotmail.com wrote:

gee, ain't it interesting that the object of war is to KILL PEOPLE

What's your point? End war? Nice ideal, but not possible in the

current
political situation. (sorry, I'm less than sympathetic)

"Werner J. Severin" wrote in message

t...
Arming Iraq and the Path to War

A crisis always has a history, and the current crisis with Iraq is no
exception. Below are some relevant dates.

You need not lecture me on the object of war. More than half a century
ago I soldiered my way across half of Europe (probably long before you
were born).

Served 45 months in the Army, 39 consecutive months overseas. Shipped over
on a troopship at age 18 and returned to be discharged as a Staff Sgt. six
weeks before my 22 birthday. I have seen what war does to people and
cities.

We do have the Geneva conventions and other international treaties. Too
bad we ignore them.

And the point of my post was that we were highly involved in providing
Iraq with the weapons we now condemn them for having used. And we knew
they were using them.