Old April 12th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Emergency

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:14:24 +0000, Alan wrote:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:00:58 -0500, T o d d P a t t i s t
wrote:

I've never quite figured out why carb heat is designed this
way. I've always got carb heat on during landing,

I'm curious as to why you keep your carb heat on during landing. I
usually pull it on during my GUMP check approaching an airport but
then shut it off. If you have to do a go around, you're not going to
get full power with it on.

For us, carb heat goes in (with my thumb) as the throttle is pushed
forward. Thus, you get full power in the same stroke you push the
throttle forward. Next, is reaching for the flaps...

Greg