Old July 11th 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sender

On Jun 26, 4:21 pm, "Mike Spera" wrote:
Still trying to track down a high oil temp reading. I would like to get a
new temp sender to swap out. Too lazy to rig up the hot plate, thermometer,
etc. to test the old one.

Test the old one. Chances are that you have a bad engine ground strap
and the alternator ground current is finding a small path through the
sender to the gauge, boosting its reading. Learned that one the hard
way.

By the way, what the HELL happened to this group. I get nothing but sex/spam
listed...

Might as well join us at Pilots of America. Moderated, free of junk,
free of flamers. Wonderful place.

Dan