Old September 8th 05, 09:43 PM
Ross Richardson

We only have a 8000 gal tank and with the fuel flow have to fill it
fairly often. We also get hit sometime with not being able to take a
full load unless we have someone lined up to split the load. We are at a
public owned airport.

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"George Patterson" wrote in message

Matt Barrow wrote:

He might not have enough cash to replace it, gallon-for-gallon (unless
he's
really loaded which is unlikely) if the price spikes continue.

He may also run into another problem, though my crystal ball says he
won't. If you buy a tank of gas at a peak price and index your price to
the price you paid, you may be stuck with that tank if the price then
drops. This happened at Lakewood airport two years ago.

I've seen that happen. The best bet in a fluctuating market is to by as
little as you can while the price is high and as much as you can when it is
lower. Since we don't know what the OP's tank and supplier situation this
may not be an option.