Old May 22nd 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default Spark plug cleaner

Mike Noel wrote:
Ross, reading your post reminded me of another aspect of ground leaning. I
also start the engine with the mixture in the ground lean position, which is
maybe at most 1/2 inch forward of idle cut-off. Starting has always been
easy with just a single pump of the throttle both hot and cold.

When I had the plane (and had the opportunity to fly it Wednesday for
the new owner) my starting procedure for the Lyc O-360 was three primes,
turn the key and one pump on the throttle and it always started on two
blades. That was for first start. Any other start that day was usually
just turn the key and maybe one pump on the throttle. I never did the
lean during start. Now I understand fuel injected hot starts are another
issue.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP