Old January 30th 17, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Test results LiFePO4 glider batteries after 6 years

I'd also vote for a West Mountain Radio CBA tester. They are a great thing for a club/FBO to purchase. And use it to discharge test every battery at least once per season. And write the date/results on the battery or make up a label and stick on the battery.

http://www.westmountainradio.com/cba.php

$160 very well spent.

And they can be used to test solar panels. handy for folks who have on-glider or on-trailer solar panels etc.

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 6:52:44 PM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 6:31:39 PM UTC-8, wrote:
How I test my batteries

Thanks Scott

I test my LiFe batteries with a West Mountain Radio CBA IV. It gives a nice graph of the discharge.

I also run a discharge and include a graph with each battery I sell. I have found some of the Batteries mentioned in this group do not meet the specs direct from the manufacturer.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
www.craggyaero.com