Old August 9th 18, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Loading SUA File In ClearNav

Got it fixed!Â* The problem was that I removed the updater file from the
stick a long time ago and this was the first time I tried to make a
change and I simply forgot how.Â* I'm a systems engineer, not a software
engineer, but I wonder why the programmers would not have made it so
that simply having the file on the stick and selecting the menu item to
load a particular file would work in real time rather than at boot up.

Or is that it's a real time program and not capable of such things as
making changes on the fly?Â* Anyway, I got it working but there was so
much smoke in the air around Montrose, CO that I didn't fly today but
instead made a road trip.

Thanks to all who pitched in.

Dan

On 8/8/2018 1:11 PM, Tango Eight wrote:
Dan sent me his .sua file and it's a valid .sua, works in my ClearNav PC sim. I suspect the issue has to do with his usb. reply sent...

It's rarely required, but if you ever lose your CN usb or need to rebuild it for some reason, the usb contents including the updater are archived on the CN downloads page. Note that the usb updaters for CN1 and CN2 are different (and so labelled).

best regards,

Evan Ludeman

--
Dan, 5J