Old July 24th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Angelo Campanella

Default What is a good desktop Simulaor?

Mxsmanic wrote:
angelo Campanella writes:
Alternatively, which FS today is worthwhile?

FSX is the current version, but FS 2004 (also known as FS9) is more performant
and possibly a better choice if you want to practice things like IFR, mainly
because more add-ons are available, and with the add-ons you can come far
closer to real life in your simulation (especially with respect to IFR).

So I went out and spent just over 20 bucks (with tax) and installed it
this eveing. All I can say is that it's come a long way, baby (since
FS5). It seem to have all I need for IFR practice.

I mounted he Mooney (like my acft) ans am now getting familiar. but the
yoke I have (a Logictec Wingman) has a very sqirrely rudder. The rudder
is all over the place! I can't tell whether it is the pot inside or bad
logic somewhere. Taxiing is a menace, and takeoffs a pain in the butt.

I tried to open up the joystick base, but something is not letting go
to pop off the bottom, and the top screws (lallens) just turn round and
round and go nowhere. Anybody have any ideas?

And, oh, thanks to Mxsmanic for the FS9 tip.

Ang. C.