Old February 26th 18, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default GPS anetenna location OK in baggage area of a fiblerglass glider?

It's not a problem to shorten the coax.Â* Simply open the antenna puck by
peeling off the sticker on the back and removing the screw(s).Â* The coax
cable is soldered conveniently in front of you and it's an easy thing to
remove it, cut and strip it to length, and solder back into place.Â*
Replace the cover and you're done.

Hmmmmmmm...Â* Regarding my previous post - maybe there's a problem with
my Flarm antenna since I shortened the coax.Â* I'll swap that one out
first as a test.

On 2/26/2018 6:59 AM, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
BTW, shortening the tiny GPS coax, and fitting a new tiny connector to it, is much more difficult than a simple BNC.

Best of luck, John Ω

Thanks.

--
Dan, 5J