Old February 26th 18, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default GPS anetenna location OK in baggage area of a fiblerglass glider?

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 6:40:27 AM UTC-8, krasw wrote:
maanantai 26. helmikuuta 2018 16.00.04 UTC+2 OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net kirjoitti:
I was unaware that "many" (!) CF gliders have this RF transparent area behind the pilot's head.

Well there is not, this is simply not true. Some level of satellite reception is possible trough canopy to that area. Only RF transparent area is usually at tail where VHF antenna is mounted.

I'm not sure which cereal box you are reading to get all your knowledge, but you might want to consider switching brands.