Old May 25th 18, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete[_9_]

Default Sad news from Avenal, CA

Indeed, sad news

I bought Jan's DG 100 back in 2015. I flew out to Avenal and met Jan at the glider port. He couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. After we signed the deal he hopped in the tow plane and gave me a free tow to check out soaring over the San Andreas convergence in my new glider. It was one of the most exciting flights I've ever had. I was able to connect with the convergence and flight straight lines for miles going up the whole time.
I landed recluctantly after 3-hours and he helped me pack up the glider and get it shipped to Colorado.
We only spoke a few more times after that but I always intended to get back to Avenal to fly with him in his Grob.
May he rest in peace with cloud streets in all directions.