Old July 4th 03, 03:50 AM
RJ Cook

It's a screw, with an angle!

It is a straightforward design process, but with many related variables,
requiring clear-cut design criteria at the onset. The book should cover
them all.

RJ

"AWV" wrote in message
Thanx Ron, Pete and Jan,
I have looked at all the web sites and I have ordered the Eric Clutton
booklet.
I can't wait for it to arrive!
I am very interested in the mathematics that model the "ideal" shape of

the
propeller. (If such exist at all...)
I wonder how deep the Eric Clutton book will go into the subject.
I suppose I could just buy one of the software packages to help with my
propeller design, but I feel like a spoilt 2 year old saying: "I wanna...

wanna...." all the time.
I wanna understand what I'm doing and I wanna work it out myself so that I
know exactly what's going on. Maybe after I've worked out my solution, I
will buy one of the software packages to check my result.
Anyone have any ideas with regards to the nitty gritty mathematical theory
around propellers?
Regards
Andre

"AWV" wrote in message
I would like to try my hand at making my own wooden propeller. Anyone

know
of some good reference material, literature or guidelines that might

help?
Questions that come to mind are, for example:
1. What wood to use and how to prepare it.
2. Design guidelines
3. Finishing
4. Balancing
5. Fitting and drilling holes for bolts.
etc.
Andre