Old August 27th 20, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pawnee aluminum nose tank

On Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 8:27:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I am curious if anyone out there has a Pawnee with an aluminum nose tank? One of the Pawnee’s I work on has one. It was done with a one time STC. (Volunteer Boeing engineers) Also does anyone have issues with the fiberglass tank leaking?

I have mo issues with the fiberglass tanks on my Pawnee's. I have seen a aluminum tank that was approved with a 337. The tank was done by Aerial Banners from Ft. Lauderdale. Basically it is a 70 gallon custom built fuel tank that is mounted near where the hopper was. It is impressive and the ability to carry an increased fuel load serves them well.