Old April 2nd 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default PSRU design advantages

("Morgans" wrote)
Torsional resonance has brought many of the great minds of the flying
industry to their knees. No joke. I don't have all of the links at hand,
but someone here does. Start by googling torsional resonance.

Then, be afraid. Be very afraid. I you don't get afraid, keep looking,
until you get afraid, because you need to get afraid, or you don't
understand the problem.

I'm not skeer't AND I don't understand the problem.

I thought the (rubber?) (toothed?) (cog?) belt redrives absorb? dampen? out
a lot of those problems - even, to some extent, the slightly longer shaft
kind of problems. Add a three bladed wooden prop, and you're golden. g

No?

Next I tackle Mu-1 issues...

Montblack
"Get out of the house. Now! That [post] came from your basement."
Fooled them. We don't have a basement. Ha!
"Then get out of your house, an F5 twister is coming down the street! Now be
afraid..."