Old December 27th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default XM weather activation question Garmin 3/496

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have one of the Awmap PDA-based systems that preceded Garmin's
396/496 series and have recurring trouble with the Wx download
de-activating if I don't fly for a month.

This time I can't re-activate at all for some reason.

Have any of you 3/496 owners had a problem with involuntary
de-activation?

There were several when the 496 first came out that had the problem but
there hasn't been any mention of it on the group lately. I assumed they
fixed the problem.

Your problem is different if you can't get it reactivated at all.